Corns & Calluses
Foot corn and calluses are commonly caused by tight or incorrectly fitting shoes. It is therefore important to wear footwear that has sufficient width and depth, as well as an adjustable strap, in order to reduce any rubbing or friction on your feet.
Nail fungus is a common nail infection. It appears as a white or yellow-brown spot under your fingernail or toenail. A fungal infection may cause the nail to discolour, thicken and crumble as it goes deeper. Nail fungusseveral nails.
- Older age
- Wearing shoes that make your feet sweat heavily
- Having had athlete’s foot in the past
- Walking barefoot in damp public areas, such as swimming pools, gyms and shower rooms
- Having a minor skin or nail injury
- Having a skin condition that affects the nails, such as psoriasis
- Having diabetes, blood flow problems or a weakened immune system